Welcome Sophia Hope Bell!!!

Welcome Sophia Hope Bell!!!
Maddy has officially become a big sister!!

Friday, January 12, 2007

Weekly Update

Well, not too much to update this week. This was my first week back to work. As it stands I am going to go to the office Tues, Wed, and Fri. and work from home Mon. and Thurs. Rick's mom watches her in the morning until 2pm when she has to go to work, then my mom watches her until about 6pm when I get home. It's definitely been an adjustment for both of us. I hate leaving her, but I have to get back in the saddle and start making money to pay for the Doctor bills that are starting to roll in. What a catch 22. She's sick so I want to spend every minute with her, but because she's sick I have to leave her and go to work to make the money to pay for her treatment. She's been pretty fussy in the evenings too, so I know she's not adjusting to it too well either. Although, Miss Thing did start eating baby food this week. We had carrots last night and tonight for dinner and she LOVED it. I tried them and they aren't too good, but I guess when all you are used to eating is milk, any change is pretty tasty. Boy, wait until she gets to try chocolate and ice cream and all the wonderful things in life! She hasn't rolled over since that first time that we caught it on video. She's on the verge again, and if she would stop sucking on her fingers and use that arm to push herself up, she would have it no problem. She's pretty funny to watch, b/c she has her momma's temper and gets so mad. She's learned this neat new thing...screaming at the top of her lungs with this high pitched scream which I swear is so high pitched, all the dogs in the neighborhood can hear it like a dog whistle and come running! So she uses this neat little tool that she has learned to express her frustration when she can't push herself completely over.

I spoke with Oncology yesterday. We are scheduled for our 1st MRI since diagnosis Jan. 30 at 8:30am. Then they will do her physical exam that same afternoon at 2:00. We will post the results when we get them of course.

Again, we just want to express to all you who visit this blog daily, email and post comments, how much your sweet words and encouragement mean to us. I can't tell you how many times I have started crying with either happy or sad tears at the wonderful things you all say. We love all of you. PLEASE KEEP US IN YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS, IT REALLY IS WORKING!!!!

Sheila

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelia, Rick and Maddie,I am glad to hear that life is starting to resemble something normal even if it isn't what you would like. I wanted to let you know that my nephew who is now 35 years old was born with a 'lazy eye'. it was more noticable when he was young but as he got older it became unnoticable. He's always been a good looking fella and never had to want for female attention, even now. I guess if you looked hard enough, which I haven't in years, you might be able to tell which one it is. Things that are more noticeable in real young children seem to soften with age. She is no doubt going to be a beautiful girl given the way her parents look, right? Well , just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and that Casey and I are doing well. Can you beleive he will be 18 Feb. 27? He has a truck and a girlfriend for over a year now. She's a cutie, red curly hair and freckles. He still remembers the fun we had at your wedding and reception. I hope the news is all good for you guys. I miss you. Kiss the baby and take care of each other. Love, Dina

Kaitlyn (Sissy) said...

Hey yall <333
just wanted to say im really happy about how my little sis is doing she is one tough chick and thats how i would like to keep it :]
lucky gma betty and patty get to see her all the time but i think i am going up there verrrrrry soon. so then i will be able to record some of the funny stuff she does :] well i will see yall soon ILOVEYOU

<3333 Kailtyn (Big Sis)

(dad,she give her kisses for me)
she just cant wait a week alright
hahah :]

NB Warrior said...

Happy Saturday to the Bell Family.

Just wanted to stop by again to let you all know that I am thinking of you. I usually stop by daily! =) She is beautiful, did I mention that in my previous comment???

Just wondering if either of you had the chance to inquire about the List Serv support group for Neuroblastoma.... It was very helpful for me in the beginning.

Much love to your family from ours!!

The Ugarte Family

Anonymous said...

Loving the new picture! Tell her Aunt Erin loves her and give her big kisses. Thinking of you all!
Erin

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheila,

I just wanted to send my love, hopes and prayers to your family. Please know that there is no greater source of faith and comfort than that of the Lord. I have kept you all constantly in my prayers and I will continue.

Love
Nola (Your ERA sister)