Welcome Sophia Hope Bell!!!

Welcome Sophia Hope Bell!!!
Maddy has officially become a big sister!!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

4 Month Check Up Today!

We saw Dr. Riley (Pediatrician) this morning. Madelyn weighs 16lbs 9.5ozs and is 26in. long. She is in the 75% for head circumfrence, and 95% for height and weight. She passed the physical with flying colors. The rash she has on her forhead may be eczema or just a winter rash, we have to see how it changes as the season changes. Dr. Riley measured her liver and said it seems to have grown. Last time it we 2 fingers high and this time it was 3 fingers. We'll know more about that next Tuesday when we meet w/Oncology and have the MRI's done. I talked to her about our feeding regime. I explained that it seems like by evening time Madelyn is starving to death and all she wants to do is eat. She said that is a cluster feeding and Madelyn is just storing up for overnight, considering she goes 7-9 hours without eating. But she told me to keep introducing the veggies and fruits and once we get through them all to start feeding her 2-3 times a day w/veggies, fruit and cereal. By the time she is 6 months old she should be on cereal & fruit in the morning, veggie & fruit for lunch and cereal & veggie for dinner and milk in between as needed. I can't believe how fast she is growing up! I read today that within the next month or so, she "should" be able to sit up with supervision of course and say "mama" & "dada", I will truly have a heart attack when that happens. Understand now that she has been "talking" mumbo jumbo for a while now, but to me she is still that helpless little baby I brought home from the hospital! Well, I guess there really isn't anything we as parents can do to stop them from growing up, I guess I just didn't realize how fast it happens!!

2 comments:

NB Warrior said...

Awe!! She is a good weight for her age! =) My little one had his 6 month check up today. Shots too, so I know he won't be happy this evening. ;-)

Keep us informed about what the Oncologists say about the size of the liver. I am praying that it is nothing to worry about.

Dang, your doc gave you the okay to give solids a lot earlier than our doctor did. My son is barely trying sweet potatoes this week. But then again we do one food a week instead of every 3 days or so. Just eaiser for me to give my daycare provider a certain flavor for the whole week. I was asking the doctor about when we can introduce diluted juices and a sippy cup to get him off of the bottle. =)

Your little Madelyn is always in my prayers. Have a wonderful week Bell Family.

Anonymous said...

Rick and Sheila,

That video of Madelyn laughing is so cute. I was wondering how long Rick could keep up the oinking for. I was rolling and I can't believe that you two were not on the floor laughing, we can't wait to see her, hopefully soon. I hope you all are doing well. By the way, Dakota was eatting cereal
when he was two weeks old because his belly was never full. They do grow up fast, hold on to the days when they are babies.

Love you guys,

Tim and Cheryl